Utah State FFA Convention was held virtually last week. The following were named winners in their categories.
Proficiency Award: Award that recognizes students for their SAE
- Rylei Voorhees - Agricultural Education
- Tanner Voorhees- Agricultural Processing
- Kami Holt- Agricultural Sales Entrepreneurship
- Jesse Shepherd - Agriscience Research Animals
- Brock Carlile - Diversified Crop Production Placement
- Wade Coombs - Diversified Horticulture
- Kaylee Roach - Diversified Livestock
- Ashlyn Herbst - Small Animal Production
State FFA Degree: Degree earned by productively investing, giving back to the community, and working on their SAE experience.
- Wade Coombs
- Kami Holt
- Lindsey Ivie
- Alanah Maltsbarger
- Russell Mangelson
- Easton Redd
- Kaylee Roach
- Josie Sorensen
- Swayzie Wride
State Star: Takes the best of the State Degree recipients in four categories.
- Wade Coombs: Star in Placement 4th Place
- Kami Holt: Star in Agribusiness 4th Place
- Russell Mangelson: Star Farmer Winner
Agriscience Fair: Students complete a project and compete
- Ashley Olsen and Russell Mangelson: Animal Science - Turkey Feed Study
- Rylei Voorhees: Food Products and Processing -Dry Aging of Meat
- Jesse Shepherd: Animal Science - Egg Yolk vs Serum Testing
Extemporaneous Public Speaking LDE: Given three topics must choose one and write a 4-6 minute speech in 30 minutes.
- Ellie Maughan 3rd Place
If you would like to watch a video that shows these awards being given please check out: https://youtu.be/HZaqTmjc4nw