Congrats FFAPublished by bonnie.beckstead on Mon, 03/13/2017 - 14:13
Spanish Fork FFA just returned from the 89th FFA State Convention held in Cedar City, Utah. Students were able to learn about themselves and become better leaders. Students participated in workshops, sessions and entertainment activities.
Overall Spanish Fork had a successful year at the convention. If you see the following please congratulate them.
Star Greenhand: Award that recognizes sophomore students for their SAE project.
- · Porter Olsen: Star Greenhand in Production Winner
- · Chase Holt: Star Greenhand in Agribusiness 1st Runner Up
State Star: Award that recognizes senior students for their SAE project
- · Tell Orton: State Star in Agribusiness 1st Runner Up
Proficiency Award: Award that recognizes students for their SAE
- · Brooke Voorhees - Food Science and Technology winner
- · Jake Jones - Wildlife Management winner
- · Lindsey Olsen - Sheep Production winner
State FFA Degree: Degree earned by productively investing, giving back to the community, and working on their SAE experience.
- · Tell Orton
- · Amanda Olsen
- · Mallory Sorensen
- · Rochelle Christensen
- · Raquel Christensen
- · Nicole Ivie
- · Jared Roach
Agriscience Fair: Students complete a project and compete
- · Ashley Olsen: Animal Science - Winner
- · Rylei Voorhees: Food Products and Processing -Winner
- · Porter Olsen: Animal Science - Winner
State Officer: Chosen from 27 candidatees to be one of the six that will lead the state this next year. It has been 7 years since Spanish Fork has had an officer.
- · Bailee Argyle - Sentinel 2017-2018