Chromebooks at SFHS: A Pilot in One-to-OnePublished by jolynn.ford on Fri, 08/05/2016 - 11:33
SFHS is happy to announce that we will be a pilot school for the one-to-one technology initiative. This means that for the 2016-17 school year, every SFHS student will receive a chromebook to use in class and to take home for school work. We are offering a protection plan for $30 per year that covers $300 in damage. Click "Read More" below for more information and to access a copy of the Chromebook Protection Plan and the User Agreement. (There are two forms, click "Next" to see the second form.)What is a Chromebook?
A Chromebook is a small laptop specifically designed to access the Internet.
It runs on the Chrome operating system which resembles the Google Chrome Internet Browser.
Chromebooks utilize Internet resources, specialized apps, and software for documents, spreadsheets and presentations similar to Microsoft Office.
Chromebook Program Features
- All students work through the Nebo School District's filtering program which functions the same at home as it does in the school buildings.
- The Chromebooks operate in a technology environment similar to what is used in college and in the workplace which is a move towards college and career readiness.
- With a one-to-one program, students have increased access to technology and the opportunity to work collaboratively with teachers and classmates.
- Student work is saved on Google Drive, which makes it accessible from any computer with an Internet connection. No additional software is required.
- Teachers receive professional development throughout each school year to develop their knowledge and skills in relation to Google Apps for Education.